Sunday, January 6, 2013

Where Are They Now? - Jonathan Moore

A feature I have been mulling over for some time has just been accelerated. The following email came in from Jon who has recently begun a long-term work arrangement in England:


On Jan 6, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Jonathan Moore wrote:
I have been meaning to write everyone for the last few weeks, but things have been hectic with our move to the UK. I want to tell all of you how great you are. Playing with the Youngs Park SC has been the one thing I most look forward to every week for the last year and a half. You have all done an amazing job to create a friendly and fun, yet competitive environment. That isn't easy to do and you have done it well. Of the many things that are changing with our move, giving up the soccer club is perhaps the hardest. The club has really improved my life and I want all of you to know how much I appreciate that. Any of you are welcome to come and visit while we are here for at least the next year and take in an EPL match.

Ironically it's been much harder to find a game here in the UK than it was in Kansas City. The leagues in the area do not offer services to match free players to a team or house teams. And so far I haven't found any pickup games. But I was able to connect with a team tonight by going to the Leisure League 6 a side games tonight and asking around. I think there was some skepticism of having a yank play, but I got a little bit of a trial tonight at a friendly game. The goals are about waist high, but full width. They seemed practically huge compared it our pickup games. So after scoring 7 goals and 3 assist, I got in invite back. Nothing like playing on tiny goals to help with that :-).

I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday and I look forward to meeting up with you on any return trips.


If you keep in contact with anyone who used to play with our group, please ask them if they would like to contribute to this new feature. Please have them email me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers