Monday, January 17, 2011

Who Are Ya!! - Bob Good


Where were you born?
I was born in the Denver area.


If you were not born in the Kansas City area, when did you arrive and what circumstances brought you to KC?
My Mom married my step Dad who was from this area.  So we moved to the Kansas City area during my high school years.


What team(s) do you support as a fan?
I attend many KC Wizards/Sporting games, and watch most USA National Team games, but I really enjoy watching Barcelona and the Spain National Team.  I believe the possession style game they play is the way the game should be played.  I don't think the USA National Team will achieve greatness until the American kids learn how to possess the ball.  It will take a youth coaching revolution to convert youth coaches from kick and run-direct soccer style of coaching to a skillful possession style of coaching.


What is your earliest soccer memory?
My Mom signed me up for recreational soccer when I was in grade school.  At the time we attended a few Colorado Caribou NASL games at Mile High Stadium back in the late 70's.  I've been playing soccer off and on ever since.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Caribous
      

How did you find the Young's Park game?
Myself and a few co-workers in Lenexa started an indoor pick-up game on Fridays at lunch at All American Indoor Sports during the early 1990's.  I no longer attend this game, but as far as I know they still meet every Friday at noon.  Sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's Troy B. visited the Friday game.  I learned about the Young's Park game through Troy.


Can you tell us something about yourself that not everyone in the group would know?
I graduated from UMKC in the early 90's.  I'm a Project Engineer with a local manufacturer.  I've been married 18 years to my wife who puts up with my favorite hobby of playing soccer, coaching my children in soccer, watching FOX Soccer Channel, and going to Wizards soccer games.  I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ, and try to learn and live His ways.  Although through the stresses of marriage, raising kids, work, and frustrating myself on the soccer field, I fall well short of a perfect life and can only rely on Christ's grace and sacrifice.  I have been playing acoustic guitar for about 2 years proving you "can teach an old dog new tricks".  I organize a small monthly investment group to learn and share ideas about stock and bond investing.  My soccer heros are "old" professional soccer players who still play pro ball: Blanco, Beckham, Del Piero, etc.  My favorite local soccer player is Annette :)  That girl plays more soccer than anybody I know - keep it up Annette!!  My favorite foods and restaurants are too many too number.  My favorite music is 80's pop, some country, and Christian Hymns.  I like many kinds of movies, and really enjoy catching up on all the movies I missed with Netflix.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers