Monday, February 28, 2011

Who Are Ya!! - Simon Walley

Where were you born?
I was born in Crewe in North West England.


If you were not born in the Kansas City area, when did you arrive and what circumstances brought you to KC?
I arrived in Kansas City in July 2010 following a job relocation.  Previously I lived in Harrisburg, PA., Santa Rosa, CA., Wellington, New Zealand and Swindon, England.


What team(s) do you support as a fan?
Manchester United I have followed them for as long as I can remember thanks to my Uncle Duncan.


What is your earliest soccer memory?
Getting a teddy bear at about four years old with a Manchester United kit on it.


How did you find the Youngs Park game?
Dane Broadie and I work together and he told me about the group.


Can you tell us something about yourself that not everyone in the group would know?
I look after the food enzyme business for my company in NAFTA and the coolest thing my company can do is turn sugar into car tires using enzymes.  Click on the link below to learn more:

http://www.genencor.com/wps/wcm/connect/genencor/genencor/products_and_services/business_development/biochemicals/in_focus_bioisoprene/bioisoprene_en.htm

On the personal front I have two beautiful daughters aged 21 months and 6 months and a wonderful wife who doesn’t flip out when I take off on Saturday mornings to play soccer.

1 comment:

  1. Simon

    congratulations on two daughters - - - terrific

    ReplyDelete

Followers