Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who Are Ya!! - Bill Black

Where were you born?
Detroit, Michigan


If you were not born in the Kansas City area, when did you arrive and what circumstances brought you to KC?
We arrived in 2006 when June and I took positions as professors at UMKC.  Galen, our youngest, moved to KD with us from our home in Northern California.


What team(s) do you support as a fan?
Newell’s Old Boys.  Rosario, Argentina.


What is your earliest soccer memory?
I started playing soccer when I was 23.


How did you find the Youngs Park game?
 I learned of the Young’s Park game from Troy.  We were both playing at Rockhurst U.



Can you tell us something about yourself that not everyone in the group would know?
I was Charles Keating’s (Lincoln S&L) least favorite regulator.  He hired private investigators twice to investigate me, sued me for $400 million, and famously instructed his chief political fixer:  “Highest Priority:  Get Black … Kill Him Dead.”  In context, this was almost certainly merely an order to get me fired.  That effort was joined by Speaker of the House Jim Wright.  I’m a serial whistleblower, including blowing the whistle on Speaker Wright.  My notes of the meeting with the “Keating Five” (five U.S. Senators who Keating induced to try to keep us from taking enforcement action against Keating’s Lincoln S&L) helped prompt the Senate ethics investigation.  I have a genius for making friends in high places, which is consistent with being dumb enough to put my body in the way of a screaming soccer ball.  Yeah defenders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers