Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who Are Ya!! - Wasim Zaman

Where were you born?
I was born in Bangladesh.


If you were not born in the Kansas City area, when did you arrive and what circumstances brought you to KC?
I came to USA in 1991 to go to College. I went to Emporia State University and studied Marketing and Economics.  After graduating in 1995, I worked in Emporia for 5 years. I moved to KC in 2000 to be with my then fiance and now wife.


What team(s) do you support as a fan?
I do not have a favorite team. I follow English Premier League and often find myself supporting any smaller club playing against Man U, Chelsea, or Arsenal. I do support the Wizards when I watch them play.


What is your earliest soccer memory?
My dad started to take me to watch Division 1 soccer games in Bangladesh since I was a little boy. It involved riding a bus, rickshaw, and walking to get there and avoiding the riots often broke out after the major soccer games. Those are my earliest and some of the best memories in life.


How did you find the Youngs Park game?
Tom was my neighbor and he introduced me to this game in 2002. We used to play at Maple Hills Park then. It was a very challenging time for us as we often didn't have enough players to play a decent game. 4 v 4 was a rare and exciting event. We had to beg people to come out and play. Troy and Tom put in tremendous amount of effort in promoting and maintaining this game. It is very gratifying to see our group grow.


Can you tell us something about yourself that not everyone in the group would know?
Everyone tells me that I am pretty competitive.......I continue to deny it. I don't like to lose though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers